Looking for a quick, tummy-warming recipe for the weekend? Try this hearty and seasonal pumpkin chili, courtesy of Go Dairy Free. Naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and nut-free, it can also be made vegan by replacing the ground turkey with black beans or your favorite root vegetable. We love recipes that are easy, healthy, and hearty!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive, ,vegetable, or grapeseed oil
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef (see post above for vegan alternative)
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree (we like Libby’s)
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce (love Muir Glen)
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned whole-kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat vegetable oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and onion, and saute for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add the garlic and saute 30 seconds more.
- Add turkey, and cook until browned. Drain off any excess liquid.
- Add tomatoes with juice, pumpkin, tomato sauce, beans, chiles, corn, chili powder, cumin and black pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.