Ho! Ho! Ho! The holidays are upon us! And we know this typically means cakes and cookies all around – but you can give your loved ones a healthy spin with your edible gifts! There are plenty of ways to indulge and treat yourself at holiday parties without straying (too far from) your normal eating routine. We’ve already given some tips on how to deal with holiday parties when you have a food intolerance and how to have a healthy holiday season, and now we have a ton of treats for you to give as holiday gifts, as thoughtful hostess gifts, or to offer at your own party!
Making something to bring to a party or to give as as gift can be a fun and personal process, but there’s also nothing wrong with bringing something pre-made to a party! The Tasteful Pantry offers items to fit a variety of dietary restrictions, along with the strongest sweet tooth. And what’s the best part? These snacks taste so good that you can serve them at your own party or bring them to a friend’s, and no one will ever suspect that they are healthy. You can just giggle to yourself with your own holiday secret. Below are some great pre-made treats and easy recipes for delicious edible gifts that you can wrap up to give to friends and family, or to bring to your next party!
- Superfood Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Cake: Both dairy and gluten free, this cake is a treat, and is made exclusively for the Tasteful Pantry by a local artisan baker. With ingredients like hemp seeds, chia seeds, almonds and cranberries, you can bet the lucky people you give these to will have happy palates and bellies after a slice!
- Cacao Dusted Almonds: These are perfect as a grab-and-go snack, or to put out a bowl during appetizers. Having only 4 ingredients (cacao, olive oil, sea salt and almonds) these nuts are bound to fit within almost all dietary guidelines, while tasting delicious.
- Peppermint Patties: Nothing screams holiday season more than peppermint. While most of us think of candy canes, which we know aren’t healthy, peppermint patties can be! With this recipe of only 4 ingredients, they are clean, simple to make, healthy AND delicious.
- Raw Brownies: Yes, we said raw – however, don’t let that deter you! We promise these will be the best damn raw brownies you will ever eat! You can already guess that they are healthy, but they have a delectable texture and the flavor will blow you (and your friends) away. Make these to bring to a party, and watch your friends devour them in minutes!
- Raw Superfood Chocolate Truffles: These aren’t just any chocolate truffles, they’re special. Really special. Just one is all you need to satisfy your chocolate craving. Hand-made in small batches, they are also packed with superfoods including spirulina, hemp seeds and tocotrienols.
- Chocolate Fruit Bark: Everyone loves chocolate, right? Of course! This bark is easy to make, and easy to transport to a party because it doesn’t matter if it breaks a bit! This is also a perfect opportunity to incorporate coconut bacon! We know that we post about this coconut bacon a lot, but can you blame us? This stuff is awesome! Top your chocolate bark for a wonderful sweet, smoky touch.
- Dark Chocolate Sun Cups: These are like Reeses, but better. And healthier! And nut free! Enjoy these dark chocolate cups filled with roasted sunflower butter. Perfect for children with nut allergies and prone to being gobbled up by everyone, it’s a challenge to stop at one!
- Paleo Gingerbread House: Now this one is time consuming, but if you have a free Sunday and kids to entertain, we definitely think this recipe is worth it – plus it will be sure to WOW a crowd! I mean, come on. How cute is that tiny paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free gingerbread house with homemade gumdrops?
- Sugar Cookies with Vegan Frosting: Aah, sugar cookies, the most quintessential Christmas dessert – with a twist! These cookies are dairy-free, gluten-free and can be made vegan! It’ll be fun to share these with your family and watch while no one can tell the difference! Add your own colorful decorations for an extra personal touch!
- Queen Mother’s Cake: One word.. Whoa. Do you see how beautiful this cake is? And yes, it’s gluten-free AND grain-free. We dare you to make this cake and not eat the whole thing before the party starts! Yes, it’s that good!
And if you want us to do the work for you and send over a selection of holiday treats that happen to contain no gluten, check out our Gluten Sensitive Holiday Package, which was recently featured on the TODAY show in their segment on best hostess gifts!
What types of treats do you bring to holiday parties that fit within your dietary guidelines?