You know those days where you feel like just about everything is going wrong? You stepped in a puddle while walking to your car, work was so busy you didn’t even have time to eat lunch, and every machine was taken at the gym? Yeah, we know how you feel. We also know that on days like this, you just want to come home and eat a quick dinner and relax…and with technology you can order a pizza with just a few swipes on your phone. This is what we want to avoid!
There’s nothing that we regret more than a bad food choice that could have been completely avoided just by having the right tools – and those right tools are healthy ingredients with quick (and easy) recipes to follow that you will enjoy!
- Cauliflower “fried rice” (GF, DF) – This meal is one of our favorites, and can act as breakfast, lunch or dinner! Pulse cauliflower in a food processor, cook up a bunch of veggies, add a protein of your choice and you’re done! It’s simple, filling, and has a delicious range of flavors without the greasiness and sodium of typical Chinese takeout.
- Paleo Salmon Cakes (GF, DF) – These salmon cakes are gluten free AND done in 15 minutes. Almost sounds too good to be true, right? It’s not! Combine salmon, eggs, onions, coconut flour and spices and you’re done.
- Thai Coconut Soup (GF, DF, V Option) – If you’re really craving thai food, this should be your go-to recipe. It’s done in just about 15 minutes and only uses healthy ingredients! And you can make it vegetarian by using vegetable stock, tofu, and omitting fish sauce! How’s that for versatile?
- Massage your Kale Salad (GF, DF, V) – Salads are always quick, easy, healthy…and usually boring. But not this salad! The ingredients may be simple, but the flavors are great. We’re already drooling over the cherries, jalapenos and basil combination. Giving your kale a bit of a massage will help break down the cellulose structure, and transform it from a tough, bitter green to a silky smooth texture.
- Loaded Chicken Veggie Soup (GF, DF) – Soup is always comforting, warming and healing, and we love it in all flavors. Chicken soup is always great for a classic meal, and perfect for when you’re in a hurry! Although it might take a bit longer to make the soup initially, it comes in handy when you don’t want to cook a meal at all, and can just grab it from the freezer and heat it up.
- Spinach + Artichoke Pizza (GF, V) – We all love pizza, but we don’t love how it makes us feel. Grease, gluten and dairy can sometimes be our worst enemies. However, when you take a pre-made gluten free crust out of the freezer, top with bit of cheese and as many healthy vegetables as you like, and cook it up in just about 12 minutes, pizza sounds like a pretty good option! Just be sure to pick a pre-made crust that isn’t filled with additives and sugars like Against The Grain’s pizza shell.
- Mushroom Soup (GF, V Option) – This is one of those meals that you eat only on occasion because the process seems too complicated, but we’re about to prove you wrong. This mushroom soup is healthy and filling, and done in just 15 minutes. Cook, blend and eat! It also goes great topped with parmesan crisps for a crunchy and cheesy flavor.
What’s your favorite quick and healthy meal to make?