There’s only one thing better than crisp air, vibrant foliage and comfortable sweaters, and that’s hearty fall veggies! The colder weather allows us to reap the benefits of this colorful season, and enjoy pumpkins, apples, squash, and so much more. And the best part is that they’re all healthy too! They are high in fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants. Especially pumpkin, as it’s one of the best sources of beta-carotene which promotes healthy vision and cell growth!
As the earth begins to grow colder, it also releases its hearty bounty for us to enjoy – and you can bet we enjoy it! Below are 10 of our most loved recipes to enjoy this season:
- Roasted Vegetable and Quinoa Bowl (GF) – If you’ve been searching for a healthy, hearty meal, the search is over! With beautiful bunches of carrots, squash, Brussel sprouts and quinoa, this bowl is both warming and nourishing and can be made vegan if you omit the cheese!
- Butternut “Macaroni N Tease” (GF, V) – This isn’t your average macaroni and cheese. It’s actually not macaroni and cheese at all. It’s vegan, optionally gluten-free, comforting, and without a doubt delicious.
- Roasted Onion, Squash, and Fig Salad (GF) – If you thought salads were boring, think again. This salad combines the best of Fall’s bounty to create a sweet and savory mix. Plus it’s naturally gluten-free and vegan if you leave out the cheese.
- Delicata Squash Muffins (DF) – Muffins don’t need to consist of only flour, butter and sugar – they can be made healthy. We present to you squash muffins, which include an entire squash and are dairy-free! How’s that for your daily dose of veggies?
- Stuffed Squash and Apples and Sausage (GF, DF) – For meat eaters looking for an extra hearty dish, this is the meal for you. The sausage will fill your body with protein, while the remaining ingredients nourish each and every cell.
- Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese Bruschetta – When you combine tangy, salty and sweet, you can’t go wrong. These butternut squash and goat cheese bruschetta topped with bacon and cranberries are sure to please any crowd, and keep them coming back for more!
- Sweet Potato Nachos (GF, DF) – Nachos are one of our favorite comfort foods to eat in the Fall, and this recipe is a healthier and paleo version! They pair perfectly with football games and gatherings of friends. And if you want an even healthier crunchier variation on chips, you can experiment with different flavors of these awesome flax crackers!
- Baked Pumpkin Spiced Doughnuts (GF) – Can you believe that a healthy, grain-free recipe exists that actually tastes like the real thing? Well we’ve found that recipe for you here, and it’s at the top of our Fall dessert list!
- Quinoa Stuffed Maple Sweet Potato (GF, DF) – Sweet potatoes are delicious on their own, but when stuffed with quinoa, shredded chicken, coconut bacon and maple syrup, the amazing flavors increase with ths salty and sweet combination! We love to top this dish with some cashews for an added crunch and creaminess.
- Sweet Potato Merengue Pie (GF) – Pies are a staple on the dessert table, especially during Fall holidays (yes we’re starting to think Thanksgiving). They are filling, comforting and sweet, and always hit the spot. And when you find a gluten free and paleo version of one of your favorite pies, you’re tempted to get in the kitchen to make it right away!
If you haven’t caught on by now, fall happens to be one of our favorite food seasons. Hearty and sweet are the highlight of fall veggies and fruits, and they fill our bodies with endless nourishment.
What is your favorite fall recipe to indulge in?